Sunday 16 January 2011

Guerlain Lingerie de peau

So Lingerie de Peau and I set about our love affair early this summer. After trying many many foundations and reading a lot about this product and was keen to give it a try, due to claims it gave a skin like finish. This was something that i was looking for as I have more fuller coverage foundations and also lighter coverage ones and tinted moisturisers. So off I hopped to a Guerlain counter and was colour matched with a little help to the correct shade to my tanned summer skin. I walked away happy.

Now, my skin is fairly normal and can lean towards oily on my t zone. I apply it with my Sigma flat top F80 brush and I feel that this gives me a medium coverage. This is all the coverage I need really as my skin is only really problematic on my chin (damn you hormonal acne) and that can be covered with concealer if needed. This foundation gives my a glowy natural finish that I find looks like my skin only slightly better. It bonds well with my skin after blending and sinks in to create a smooth finish.

My only downside is its staying power, and being a lover of a foundation that is long lasting without the need for powder, (YSL Teint resist and Estee Lauder Double wear light), this is something I feel I have to compromise on with the Guerlain. I do powder it and have dabbled with the Guerlain Les Voilettes Mineral loose powder, but at the moment its my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil thats getting the most love. The powder helps with the staying power obviously, which will then make the product last the most part of the day. 

Now in the winter my shade has lightened from 04 to 03 so obviously I had to buy that shade as well, so at £33 my purse is considerably lighter and so is my foundation! £33 is expensive I know, and even still, I'm on the look out for something even better (I can't help myself!), but for the time being, this is my holy grail due to the natural finish this gives my skin with a lightweight consistency.

Any recommendations for anything to try next in my hunt for perfection?

13 comments:

  1. I am loving Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation right now so would definitely recommend that! But it is on the pricey side so not really a solution to your problem! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny, that is on my wishlist. I was debating between that one and the Laura Mercier Mineral foundation so you may have just swayed me, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :).

    Sadie x

    http://brandnewbutterflywings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have been using it and it is so amazing, so light! I follow you now! Would you like to follow me back?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this, it sounds gorgeous though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my latest blog posts for more information on the Awards and what to do when nominated :) http://www.velvetwriter.com/2013/02/ive-been-nominated.html

    velvetwriter
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always go back to ColorStay because I still haven't found my perfect foundation and that's the best one I've tried so far:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. For such a good brand, I think £33 is quite cheap, I thought you were gonna say like £50.00! I do need to try some Guerlain stuff but I've never really read that many rave reviews about it, I've heard good things about their bronzers/blushers but never really about their foundations.

    Thanks for this:)
    Love Em

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete